January in South Florida doesn’t disappoint: sunny, lows in the 70s and enough chili and cotton candy to convince you to take a break from your new years resolution… at least for the weekend.
That’s because January brings two of our favorite events: The South Florida Fair AND The Chili Cook-off.
If you’re thinking of heading over, here’s what you need to know:
South Florida Fair
(Open from January 16 – February 1st, 2015)
- It’s all glitz, glamour and games at this year’s South Florida Fair. That’s because the fair’s official theme is Las Vegas
- Admission is $15 for adults and $8 for children. Senior admission is $9
- We’ve already awarded some lucky Ford fans with family packs for this weekend, but we’ll be announcing more flash contests next weekend. So if you can’t make it to the fair this weekend, follow us on Twitter @soflaford as well as Facebook and Instagram for your chance to score tickets.
The South Florida Fair is always a guaranteed fun time. Just take a peak at last years experience with our South Florida Ford girls!
South Florida Fair & Palm Beach County Expositions located on Southern Boulevard.
(January 25, 2015)
- The KISS Country 99.9 FM Chili Cookoff is a jam-packed day full of festivities. While most people come to get treated to performances by country music’s biggest artists, others are in it for the actual chili. Hours before performers take the stage, chili teams convert their tents into chili makin’ machines for judges.
- Some highlight performances include: Brad Paisley, Jerrod Niemann, The Band Perry, Swon Brothers and The Cadillac Three.
- Takes place Sunday, January 25, at C.B. Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines. Tickets cost $52, and parking costs $5. Call 305-654-1700, or visit cbslocal.com. Parking gates on Pines Blvd will open at 1:00 AM. Parking gates on Taft Street will open at 6:00 AM. Concert gates will open at 8:30 AM.