Fordistas, the podcast is a series bringing to life the stories of artists, makers and innovators showing their work in South Florida and changing our cultural landscape.
In this episode, we speak with Luis Garcia, local published author. Luis was born and raised in Miami and his recent novel Missing follows a cast of unusual characters having extraordinary exploits across the city.
This conversation is hosted by Cris Ramos and covers a wide-range of topics:
- What it takes to become a writer
- The disappointments and pitfalls in our state’s prison system
- Embracing our past as part of who we become
- The connection with drugs and spirituality
- The overwhelming power and capacity of the mind
- A special reading from Garcia’s novel Missing
Luis is unabashedly open about his past experiences, many of which his book is based on. This is an insightful look into an author’s mind. Please enjoy this conversation.